Address: Brandstorps kyrkby, 566 93 Brandstorp
Brandstorp church is a beautiful and in many respects notable church, which has much of interest to offer the visitor. The churchyard is enclosed by a timber stockade. This form of enclosure is extremely unusual, and only a small number have been preserved in Sweden.
The church was built in wood on the Greek-cross plan between 1694 and 1698. The porch was added in 1700 and the vestry in 1754. The beautiful ceiling painting was completed in 1748 by Johan P. Kinnerus of Jönköping (who also did the paintings in Habo church). The church’s clock steeple – of the belfry design – was erected in 1708. The arrangement of lengthwise timber beams around the churchyard is very rare.